Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week 12 Complete: Total Weekly Miles=34

SATURDAY LONG RUN: 16 Miles


Great run today! We (Sarah, Ashley, and I) chose the Fish Lake trail and it was such a wonderful change in scenery. There was even a part at the very end of the trail(7.5 miles out) in which we continued running on that was a dirt road/trail. it reminded me how much I missed hiking and running on the trails. It was a nice day, so nice that I had my jacket off and just a short sleeve shirt for some of the run. And the best thing, although the weather report was bleak and promised rain all day long, IT DID NOT RAIN ON US!!!

Ashley and I were estatic(since both of us always seem to get the bad weather!). I think it sort of misted and sprayed, but this was nothing compared to the pouring rain, snow, and hail, that we had already encountered. Although my knees ached a bit, and Ashley's foot still hurt, everything seemed better with decent weather and the glimpse of spring on the horizon. And even though still challenging, 16 miles seemed so much shorter than 22!

-posted by Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment