Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St. Paddy's Five

Mirna and Andrea

Mirna and I participated in the St. Paddy's Five - a five mile race on Sunday, March 13. We had just run a 12 mile training run the day before so we thought this would be a nice recovery run. Ok, instead, we decided to just run!!

Mirna kicked some royal ASS - she finished with a time of 40:30, pacing at 8:01 per mile - YOU ROCK MIRNA!! She finished 14th in her age group (out of 72), 95th out of 599 women runners and overall finished 290th  out of 1051 runners!! I am inspired by this woman and thankfully, didn't try and keep pace with her or I would be in the hospital recovering from a heart attack!

I wasn't too unhappy with my times either. I finished with a time of 46:31, pacing at 9:18 per mile. I was number 22 out of 72 in my age group, 212th out of the 599 women runners, and overall was 496 out of the 1051 overall finishers.

It was a beautiful morning with sunshine and nice temps - perfect for our run. Then our little ones did the kids fun run - and Bethany brought her son to join as well! They did a nice lap around the track and got their finisher ribbons at the end - fun for all!

Looking forward to our 14-miler this Saturday...pray for dry weather!

~ posted by Andrea





No comments:

Post a Comment